Thursday, October 15, 2009

First Parent Teacher Conference

After getting a disciplinary note from the teacher, I must admit, I wasn't too sure how the parent teacher conference would go.

I was unnecessarily worried.

He is a good kid, said his teacher earnestly and sincerely. The guidance at home is paying off as he is ahead of the curve. He has already met the year end standards in some of the subjects.

I am so proud of my little man. More surprised with his confidence. He had a hard time adjusting in the beginning but now he loves it. He looks forward to school, learning with his friends and teacher. He comes home excited and enthusiastically talks about the special activities he does at school. I couldn't be asking for more. Really. He is a happy kid, who is doing well and is getting along with his friends.

When I asked him what he thought his teacher would say about him before we met her, this was his response:

Mama, she will probably say that I am doing fabulous at school.

Well, the teacher was not as complimentary as he was but he definitely came quite close to predicting her verdict.

No comments: