Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mighty Tantrum

Over two consecutive days. Phew!!!

I need child relief! Anyone??

D has terrible separation anxiety. He is not enjoying school at all. He wants to stay at home, with his grandparents. The only thing he likes is when he gets on a bus to come home. But when he goes over his day with me, he sounds excited about the things he accomplished at school. So far, his school reports have come back with glowing remarks from his teacher. I look at his work and I see a child who is diligent and sincere. Yet, he looks sad, anxious.

I am lost, confused, clueless.

My heart aches for him. He is such a gentle soul, somebody who needs time to acclimate to all the newness around him. His excitement was short lived and I am losing an ouch of hope every morning as I struggle to get him ready for school.
I keep telling myself,give him time..he will be fine. I know he will be as this is what we went through when he started pre-school and summer camp as well but for reasons unknown, I am prematurely losing all my patience and tolerance. I have doubts about everything- his ability to come through, my ability as his mom, the school...all of it.

I am truly at a loss.

1 comment:

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

Hmmm...Am sure eventually he will be fine...change is always difficult...good luck!!