Monday, April 5, 2010

Backyard Views

Spring is by far one of the best seasons for me. The transition from the dreariness and bitterly cold to the beautiful sunshiny days with azure skies, blooming trees and flowers remind me of new beginnings, the dawning of a new day. The beauty surrounding me is a stimulant making me alive and vital.

The Bradford Pears in full bloom.....





Below is the purple cherry tree. Love the color. Its branches have a deep wine color making it the prettiest tree in the yard.



Also, how can I leave out the tulips?



We planted them two years ago and they haven’t disappointed us. The deep red color stands out from afar perking me up as I head home after a long day at work.



And then there are my two most favorite people.......



The gorgeous weather beckons them. They have been spending a lot of time outside doing all kinds of things (drawing with chalk, waters guns, bubbles, planting, rabbit watching, flying paper planes, helping papa wash the cars) but their favorite activity has to be riding. A, recently acquired a second hand ‘girlie’ bicycle from her dearest cousin. She loves it and shows off the training wheels to one and all as if they are a novelty. D has been trying new tricks on his cycle, often times to our chagrin but it is hard to pin down a 6 year old who fancies his bicycle and scooter more than anything else.