Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Storyteller

I have to thank MM for making me write this post. She did a similar post about her son and I couldn’t help but write one on the story telling game D and I play. This usually happens right before bedtime after I have done my share of reading to him. Most nights he tries to push back his bed time and this is his way of stalling. One of us starts the story, we both fill in the gaps and build it as much as we can. My tired self reluctantly gives in only to come away with a smile, admiring his imagination and creativity. Below is one of his plots.

Once upon a time there was a boy named D and two girls A (cousin A) and A Jr. (sister). Besides him, his sister and cousin are always the protagonists in his narratives.

One day they were walking to the park when ………they saw a stranger. And the stranger was coming towards them. He looked scary. So D, A and A Jr. went up to him, offered him candy.

Candy? I thought they were scared of him?

They were but they wanted to trick him by giving him candy. You see, they were carrying a net behind them that the stranger didn’t know about.

Oh…OK…sounds interesting. Carry on. As you can tell, I stopped contributing to the story

And when the stranger saw the candy, he came forward, very close to them. And you know what D, A and A Jr. did? They threw the net over him and caught him. He was TRAPPED!!!!.

Wow….that was very brave of them.

And then you know what happened? They videotaped him.

Videotaped him?? Why??

So they can show the tape to the cops.

I see…so they let him go?

No.....they then walked home with him trapped in the net. They called 911. The cops came and took him away.Then D, A and A Jr. came back home. They felt very good. The END.

Nice...but, I still don’t understand why they videotaped him?

They did that so the cops can watch the tape and see what they did. The cops need to believe them right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very very nice.... am hugely impressed...

Suku said...

@rachna: thank you for your comment

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

Very smart :-)