Monday, December 8, 2008

The Little One Flies Out Too....

A starts day care in January. And D starts kindergarten next Sept. He is in pre-school right now. Already. My kids are growing up – too quickly, too hastily for my liking.

A’s transition will not be smooth. I know my daughter. She will throw a fit, a huge one at that. And I dread to think what else is in store for us. The good thing though is that she will go to the same center that D is in now. So, she will have her older brother to watch over her. Yeah, a four year old guardian!

D is prepping himself to take on this new role – his sister’s keeper. He is overtly thrilled about the prospect of sharing his school with his little sister and is taking on his new role quite seriously.

Mama, I will look out for A, he tells me the other day. If she cries, I will take care of her....OK, Mama?

Oh, my sweet little boy....you are a gem.

A doesn’t quite get it as yet. She nods and gleams when we mention ‘school’ but she is yet to fully grasp the concept. But she is rather excited, evident in the way she says, Mama, I go school, as if she all set, ready, raring to go…

And maybe she is. Maybe she will surprise us!

No comments: