Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Weight Struggle

I haven’t been on a weighing scale for quite sometime. I think the last time I weighed myself was right after A’s delivery and that was that. I have one at home, tucked away in the bathroom closet. And every time I see it, I pretend that it isn’t there.
I am struggling with my extra weight. Sometimes I see it and feel it but more often than not I am in denial. And when I do, I sulk. It’s been almost two years since I gave birth and I still have the excess weight on me. Weight I gained for eating limitlessly while pregnant. Tsck Tsck! I have lost maybe a few but still have some ways to go.

With my first pregnancy, I had gained even more than I did with the second one but for some reason it wasn’t hard to shed and get back to my original weight. I didn’t exercise but I was particular about what I was putting in my mouth. It didn’t last for long since I got pregnant soon after but that’s a different matter altogether. But this time, I am really finding it hard to curb my greediness. I snack a lot including nibbling and sometimes polishing left-overs off of my kid’s plate. My justification-I hate to waste food!

I have started walking since day before. A few months ago, I tried doing the same but just lasted one day. Will I walk regularly? I don’t know. I sure hell hope I will, but I don’t know. The good news is that Hubby dear too is now on an ‘exercise mode’. He has been working out every single day for the past two weeks. Trying to get rid of his cute little gut. Cute to me but not so cute to him. I hope I draw some inspiration from him. He has been nudging me the past two days to be regular and keep at it.

When I did go walking with A in her stroller, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The community we live in has walking trails and sidewalks just meant for that. In the evenings, it is not uncommon to see people pursuing different forms of physical activities whether it is walking, running or biking. That 25 minute walk surely did me good- although a bit tired, I felt relaxed. And so it was for A, who stole a quick nap while her mama huffed and puffed pushing her stroller through the community.

I hope I can continue and set a routine for myself. If I can’t keep up with this, I better give up any hope of losing weight and becoming fit. It is now or never!

No comments: