Monday, June 9, 2008

D is getting married....

This evening, D again acted up, right after I got him back from school. I just didn't have the energy to get into a tussle with him. Instead, I said,
When Papa (Hubby dear is in Florida) returns, I will go away.
Nooooo....
Yes..
No, please don't. He runs to me and hugs me.
If you go away,will you marry?
Ha? I was totally taken aback by this. He has been saying a lot of new things off late but didn't realize he will start talking about marriages this early. Oh well!
Marry?
Who?
Papa?
I am already married to papa.
oh!
Where did you learn about 'marrying'?
At school, at meal time. I am going to marry Emily.
Do you know what 'marry' means?
A girl marries a boy.
Why, do you know?
Because they HAVE to.
No they don't have to...some people don't get married.
Just like some don't get old? (yeah right...I wish it was me!)
No sweetie, we all get old.
Oh..
Anyway...who taught you about marrying?
Lunchtime, at school.....Emily and I will marry.
I see...What happened to Cameron?(the girl he usually hangs out with)... I thought she was your girlfriend.
I will marry her tomorrow. Today, I marry Emily.

Well, what can I say? Only that my little 'ladies -man' is back in action!!!

No comments: