Monday, January 14, 2008

Laundry

I spent the weekend doing laundry. The entire frigging weekend. This laundry business is turning into an affliction of some sorts. I am beginning to detest it and it is definitely taking a toll on me. My whole body hurts. My joints and limbs are racked by pain.
I think this has more to do with age and lack of exercise but for convenience sake, would like to blame the laundry.

Let’s see, how many baskets of clothes did I wash? 1, 2…….4 to be precise. F-O-U-R!!!

It started Saturday morning and ended on Sunday evening. Where did all these clothes come from? They are all ours no doubt, but it was just amazing to realize that we actually wore all of them over just 5 days! And it surely doesn’t help when you have leftovers from previous weekends!

The only part I enjoy as far as this chore is concerned, is throwing the clothes into the machine with the right amount of detergent and starting it. And the part I detest and after this past weekend loathe, is folding and putting the clothes away.

By the time I finished yesterday, I was completed spent. It was only 6 in the evening but I was ready to call it a night! And it surely didn’t help that I had invited my parents in-law over for dinner. I was kicking myself for taking on too much, which by the way is something I am quite adept at. So, between cooking and laundry, I really didn’t do anything else. And it was a weekend!!

I am fine with any other chore. Ask me to clean, sweep, dust, you will not hear a whimper. But laundry – well, let’s just say, it does weird things to me. The very thought of it, stresses me out! It is an onerous task for me. Something that brings out the 'procrastinator' in me. This is one chore I would prefer having a maid for!

I could easily ask hubby dear to take on some of the responsibility if not all but I don’t trust him in getting the job done - my way. Being the perfectionist that I am, well, not hard core but semi, I would probably want him to carry it out the way I do and he will most likely not thus making more work for me.

Can I do anything to get rid of this chore? The only two options I could come up with are as follows:
- we stop wearing clothes, maybe become professional nudists or
- we don’t wash clothes- just keep wearing em’- dirt, grime, odor and all – creating a new fashion sense!

And as you can see, both are unrealistic and far-fetched bringing me back to square one.

Oh, well!


1 comment:

Thinking Cramps said...

Maybe someday they will come up with paper clothes - disposable ones that do away with the need to wash!