Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It is about time

I seriously need to lose some weight. I should stop hoping for any divine intervention and get off my ever expanding butt.

My food intake hasn’t quite gone down. I still eat like I did when I was pregnant with A. I know for sure I don’t need all this food but I simply can’t help it. I just love food! And I love snacking. I love all kinds of flour based foods, the worst food group when it comes to losing weight. My breakfast is cookies and coffee. I snack on chips and cookies, almost throughout the day. I love breads, mithai and paranthas. Gosh, the food list seems endless.

It’s been almost two years since I got on my treadmill. Two frigging years!!! No motivation whatsoever. And with the wintry weather, it is even harder. I could easily go for walks, particularly in the summer, but no, I don’t. Walking is the simplest and the easiest form of exercise and yet I have difficulty with it.
I am just plain lazy! Some one who loves and wants the easy way out. And it doesnt help that I am a procrastinator.

When will I ever get serious about exercising? I know I am not setting a good example for my kids. Of course, they are two young to understand the importance of healthy living but I ought to start soon before it is too late.

If I think about it, it is not just about losing some extra pounds. I think my BMI is in the range it should be. So it is more about improving my stamina , agility and becoming flexible yet toned. It is also not just about eating the right foods but also overhauling some of my lifestyle habits. I watch TV till 11pm at night. Why the heck do I do that? No reason, I just do it. As a result of which, I barely clock in about 5 hours of sleep. TV watching is a vice, I tell ya. It provides nothing substantial, just a load of noise and crap! And I complain about my son getting addicted to TV. Go figure!

I need to start soon – both, exercise and eat healthy. It is so pointless talking and writing about it. I sound like a dubious, phony character who is just full of talk. It is about time I walk the talk. It really is!

2 comments:

Thinking Cramps said...

My feelings EXACTLY! I am a terrible procrastinator and I too want to lose weight in order to stay fit and all that. But does it happen? NO!!!

Was good to know you are feeling this way too. Now in solidarity with you I can cut down on the fattening stuff!

Good luck to us!

Thinking Cramps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.