Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My Favorite Things of the Season

The air is festive no doubt but things are moving at a very slow pace. It is somewhat ironical. Outside, especially at the malls, you will see a sea of people, rushing in and out of stores, carrying bags of different colors and shapes filled with goodies for their loved ones.
I loved this season, the season of giving! The season of merry-making. Although I don’t quite like being in stores and waiting in lines, I love to watch people strutting, laughing and immersing themselves in the holiday spirit. The shiny, colorful and ornate decorations in malls and homes embellishing and signifying the beauty of the season.

And of course, I enjoy the other things that come with it-

The chill and the crisp in the air
Snow-this time we got some early. Perhaps, we will enjoy a white Christmas!
The warm, amber glow from the fireplace, cozying and lighting up the room
Hot chocolate, coffee and eggnog
A woolen comforter to snuggle up with – even better when you have a good book to read or a movie to watch
The holiday tunes and songs
The scrumptious food that leaves you licking your fingers
The time you spend with your near and dear ones. The stories and the laughs you share making you feel loved and significant
Snow fights and snow mans.
The laughter and cackles of children as they play in the snow
Christmas trees adorned with ornaments
Gifts elegantly wrapped in fancy bows

Yep, these are some of my favorite things of the season. Things that light up my heart and make me realize how ‘delightful, delicious and delovely (Kohl’s tag line- another favorite. I am actually singing it as I write it!) life is.

No comments: