Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It is Thanksgiving!

It is two days before Thanksgiving and I am looking forward to visiting family in WV. I desperately need a break, just an outing-away from the daily rush and grind.
It will be A’s first Thanksgiving and a special time with people I care and love. D gets to hang out with his cousin-they get on like a house on fire. It is just a treat to watch them play together. One minute they are sharing and laughing together, the next instance, they are bawling and ready to pull each others hair out! I call it a ‘love and hate’ relationship. But despite the occasional squabbles, they do admire each other a lot.

Just the other night, D and I were watching a TV commercial on some new Disney princess dolls to which he commented,

“Mama, I am going to get that for A (his cousin). I know she will like that.”

He often talks about her fondly and I also get to hear similar stories about my niece and how she is completely in awe of her dada (older brother). I hope as they grow older, they are able to sustain this friendship and not drift apart like many of us did with our own cousins and extended family.

I, of course, grew up with too many cousins and relatives unlike my kids which deserves a separate post as I can go on and on about it.

So, coming back to the next couple of days…this is the time of the year when everyone is feasting on food. There is food everywhere. I can’t wait to stuff my face with any and every food I can lay my hands on. My gluttony will start tomorrow night and will end on Saturday afternoon before we head back just to begin again right before Christmas. I have barely lost a couple of pounds over the last year (I still have to get rid of my pregnancy weight-I am 15 pounds over and it’s been over a year-God help me!). I am certain that I am going to gain back whatever I have lost. Will I be upset? I think not. Maybe a tad bit. Because I am a happier person if I let myself eat than starve! Just goes to show how much importance food has in my life. (I feel so good about myself!)

Anyway, I better carry my bottle of ‘Tums’ with me as I am sure I will need them after every meal. To hell with the waistline and hallelujah to the expanding girth!

Good company, laid back atmosphere, drinks and food -turkey, mashed topato (D’s pronunciation of potato), green beans, corn pudding, cheesecake, pumpkin pie….yummo!

What else can I ask for? I am totally ‘khush’!!

No comments: