Sunday, July 25, 2010

D's New Project

My 6 year old has decided to keep a diary. He picked up a 'spongebob squarepants' (one of his many favorite characters) themed notebook this afternoon at the mall. Unsure of its usefulness to him, I had asked him to reconsider his choice and perhaps get something else. But he was adamant about this tiny notebook. When I asked him what he was going to do with it, he promptly said, I will write, mama.



He stayed up past his bedtime to pencil in his very first entry. The inspiration for it was the fun filled weekend he enjoyed with his cousin. Presenting you the very first write -up in 'D's Journey Book'. Yes, he decided to call it something special settling for the aforementioned name.





Do check out the "heart". Nothing short of PRECIOUS!

Pleased with his first entry, he informed me, mama, I will try and write every day, so when this book gets filled up, I can read my writings.
I hope I can help him sustain this new interest and get him to journal regularly. If we can keep this up, who knows, we may soon have another Bora blogger making the rounds in the blogosphere.