Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tidbits

The little sister is screaming her head off to have ice cream in her princess bowl. The older sibling, sitting along side, looks at me and says, Mama, this (his sister's tantrum) is a good show, you wanna watch with me?
Thank God for small mercies such as this one. It helped me curb my anger, simmer down and avert a meltdown!

*****************************************************

Mama, D say toopeed(stupid)! tattled his sister.
Ha? What did he say? I heard her clearly but her pronunciation with her devilish grin were too priceless not to be encored.
Toopeed Mama...toopeed!.

*****************************************************

When my 3 year old kisses me not once but numerous times on my face while declaring her love for me, there is no doubt in my mind that motherhood is the best thing that has happened to me.

*****************************************************

D is turning 6 next week. Yes he is. And just like any birthday boy, he is super excited about his special day and the party we have planned for me. But just like many moms out there, I don't want him to grow. He is my baby after all. My first born and I want him to remain a baby forever which I have verbalized many a times to him.
Why? Mama why don't you want me to turn six?
Of course, he is in a hurry to get older. He wants to turn 11 by next year. So in response, I told him to relax and not be in such a rush to turn in to a big boy.
Then, how small do you want me to be? Just like a baby in your stomach?
No, may be not a baby in the tummy but 2 years old, I replied.
Oh, mama, that's better. I think I can be two years old again but I don't want to be a baby in your stomach
Why not?
It's ewwwwww!!

2 comments:

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

:-))...A very Happy Birthday to D in advance, before I forget :-)...both the kids are growing up fast!

Suku said...

yep they are..you saw them the other day. like the growing up part but not happy at the rate at which they are:0
good seeing you!