Friday, January 22, 2010

Oh Boy

I sit on A’s bed to put my socks on. The territorial little tyke comments:
Why are you sitting on my bed?
Why not? I quiz her.
Because my bed is only for girls-ezz.(that’s her plural for 'girl')
Girls-ezz..well I am a girl, am I not?
No, you are a boy...just like dada, she says to me teasingly.
D, the dada is also putting on his socks right next to me atop the same bed.
I look at him and then I say to her,
I am not a boy like dada…but you know what, I don’t mind at all that you think I am one though.
D looks at me inquisitively and says,
Ha?? You are not a boy, mama.
Yep, I am not but I don’t mind being one...just like you. And you know why I say that don’t you? I ask my 5 year old son.
Yes, I know, he replies confidently.
You know? Ok, tell me why? Now I am the curious one.
Because I am handsome and you don’t mind looking like me.
Ahem!!!

1 comment:

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

Oh boy!!! This is hilarious :-)