Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A No-Nonsense Mite/ A Boy with Simple Dreams

5 little ducklings went out for a walk
Over the hills and far away.....


A was singing the other day as we drove home from an engagement. I decided to sing along but she shushed me and said:
You have to be quiet, Mama.
I don’t pay attention to her and when she repeated the song, I sang along again. This time, she told me,
Mama, you have to be reeallllyyy reeaaaalllyy quiet OK? This song will not sound good.

*Snubbed, I busied myself with something else*

D’s favorite pastime is watching movies. I tell ya, if he had his way, he would happily watch movie marathons! Yesterday he tells me, Mama, when I grow up, I want to be a movie man.
A movie man, you mean an actor?
No mama, not an actor?
A director? Wow! D, go ahead, be a director when you grow up. You can make blockbusters and who knows, perhaps even win an Oscar, what do you say?
No, not a director, Mama. A movie guy...
OK...what does a movie guy do, D?
The movie guy is the one who gives out tickets at the movie theatre!

*I was clearly an overexcited mom*

2 comments:

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

LOL :-)

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

Well from whatever little you've told me about your childhood, it seems like A is turning out to be a complete carbon copy of you :-))