Monday, June 15, 2009

D & A

Hey D, do you know how much I love you?
How much?
This much, I say with my arms outstretched.
Well, Mama, I love you more than that..
Really, how much?
Fifty two hundred twenty million fifty times more than that!


*************************

Mama, I want to play bubbles, says A.
No, you can't until you put the chair cushions back. She had pulled out each one of them, all lay strewn across the deck.
No, I am not, she retorts. A defiant response, all too common for us.
Well, you don't get your bubbles then. I tell her trying hard to maintain my cool.
OK, she steps back out where her older brother is, busy playing with his water gun and hollers to him,
D, come back here, clean up time! conveniently passing the order to her unsuspecting brother. I couldn't help but crack up at her shrewdness. She is two and half only but her mind works like a teenager.

A has officially entered her terrible two's. Her indifferent, somewhat haughty and brazen attitude has befallen upon us thus trying our patience and forbearance once again. D 's two's pale in comparison to what we are going through right now with our bratty daughter.

This is what I told my dad a few weeks ago when he fondly asked about A.
Bapi, she is exactly like me and it scares me!!

1 comment:

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

"Fifty two hundred twenty million fifty times more than that!"

Awwww...that's so sweeeeett :-))