Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dr. S

A dear friend of mine who is more like a big sister to me defends tomorrow and soon after will have PH.D added to her endless list of credentials. What can I say? I am so proud of her. She is smart, intelligent, forward thinking, sensible, worldy.... I can go on and on but the most lovable quality of her is her laid back attitude. I thought I was laid back but after knowing her, I pale in comparison.

Besides being an educated, successful professional, she is also a mother of two kids. Someone who can teach me a few important lessons on parenting. I have known her kids since they were toddlers and as I watch them grow, I can’t help but commend her and of course her husband for raising such well-mannered, balanced kids. I hope my kids grow up to be like them. D loves to hang out with them- they are much older but they enjoy his company as much as he does theirs.

This is to you, S. I know you were my brother’s friend – I was never a part of your clique- the older gang, as you called yourselves. But I am so glad you chose him as your friend.The rest as they say is history. I couldn't have asked for a better companion-someone who understands and listens, is trustworthy, someone whose love knows no bounds, who sets the right examples to emulate and someone who cares and nurtures.

Congratulations sista! Or should I say Dr. S?

No comments: