Friday, January 30, 2009

A Antics

Tuesday morning:
A threw a FIT- a big one at that, when I left her at the new school. She cried non stop for about 30 minutes. I had to break free from her. It was terribly hard. Later in the morning when I called in to check on her, she was playing happily. She had settled in- phew!

Thursday morning:
I am not comfortable with goodbyes, period. So I here I was again, very anxious about saying bye to her. I tried desperately to distract her with a dollhouse.

A, I have to go now OK?
No mama.
I have to go to work, sweetie.
No mama.
I will see soon OK?
No mama.

I felt helpless, fearful of what was to come next but my daughter, she is always full of surprises. She said:

Mama, I love you very much. You know that right?
Right mama? Checking to see if I understood. Her head tilted and her beautiful expressive eyes fixed on me.

I said, yes sweetie I know that. And I love you too.

Ok mama, you can go then!
Almost as if giving me her blessings, her approval, the much needed permission.

I hugged her, moved away, feeling bittersweet about what just happened but with a heart filled with pride and awe for this little tiny being.
My daughter. A, you truly are precious and I can't wait to see what becomes of you. One thing for sure, it will be fun to watch you grow!

*************

Later in the day, she apparently ordered her teachers around. Caught one of them by her face and demanded kisses from her.

The teacher later told me that she really didnt have any option but to kiss her. Not once but three times. She said A is tiny in her build but the minute she opens her mouth, she is a force to reckon with.

No comments: