Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Putting Things in Perspective

The June issue of Parenting has an insightful article on who's harder to raise - a boy or a girl? It was interesting to see the differences between the two and the article concluded stating that the general consensus seems to be that boys are a handful early on and girls become more difficult and challenging later on, particularly as they enter their pre-teens. Much depends on what you are looking at and when. The authors made observations in the following areas:

Discipline: who's harder-boys!
Physical safety-boys
Communication- first boys then girls (I totally agree-it made me reflect on my preteen & teen years! I wasn't an easy child-emotionally.)
Self-esteem-girls
Schools-mostly boys (I remember my parents struggling with one of my brothers)

Going by this article , with a 4 year old boy and a 19 month old girl, I must say, Hubby dear and I have our hands full for the next 16 years! We definitely have our work cut out for us!

No comments: