Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lunch time conversation

I just had a delightful conversation with A. My 19 month old is beginning to form phrases and is quite keen on holding conversations with people, including strangers and passers-by.
She is quite prompt in saying ‘hi’ to anyone who happens to cross her path, followed by a quick ‘bye’. And most people barring a few, respond to her with equal delight and enthusiasm.

The past few days, she has had a stomach bug. She’s been pooping as if it’s going out of fashion and it is stinky and nasty. None of us have any clue as to what caused it. She does have a cold and maybe it is related. But is this deterring her from being her self-absolutely not! She is still as bright, active and naughty as can be.

Since she is at my in-laws, I called them to check on her. Every time the phone rings, she is the first one to charge towards it. She nags and demands whoever is holding the receiver to give it to her. That's who she is- a tiny person with a strong personality!

So when I called, my MIL answered but I could hear her say, “me, me"- a signal that she needed to talk. She came on the line and the charming conversation I had with my munchkin went somewhat like this:

Hello baby
Hallooooo
How are you sweetie?
I am fine….(this is brand new phrase she picked up!)
Ki koriso….(what are you doing?)
Playing….
That’s lovely…
Did you eat?
Hmmm
Are you having fun?
Hmm…..
I love you sweetie
I love ooo
See you later, OK?
Chee oooo, mummy
Bye
Bye mummy

Just makes me wonder, yet again, how quickly these babies grow. Soon she will be yapping away to glory!

No comments: