Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day Special!

This is how I was celebrated yesterday...

… I woke up to find my toddler making a special breakfast for me (with the help of hubby dear, of course)
….They both squealed and screamed Happy Mother’s Day (one sounding delightfully gibberish!)
….They showered me with hugs, kisses and affection throughout the day
….Their idea of a surprise gift was cleaning up and de-cluttering their play area

The idea of a mothers day breakfast was something I had suggested to Hubby dear several days ago. I have always wanted to be served breakfast in bed, at least once. And what could be better day to have this dream realized than on Mothers Day. I didn’t really expect it. Hubby dear naturally did a good job following through with it.

Three of them woke up at 7 am to prepare this big breakfast for me. Hubby dear, as he later told me, had other ideas for the breakfast that he didn’t get a chance to implement. He wanted to go the pancakes, bacon and eggs route but thanks to D, the plan got changed. D vehemently wanted to make oatmeal for his mama. So they got together and under D’s diligent and strict guidelines, churned out the first meal of the day for their special lady.

As I languidly lay in bed, trying to get a few last minutes z’s, I was privy to the ruckus that was being created in the kitchen. D directing his father authoritatively-telling him what to do. Hubby dear obligingly following him. He didn’t really have a choice! A of course, didn’t know what they were fussing over but enjoyed being a part of the conspiracy!

I waited…. in bed, hoping to see them come into a room with a breakfast tray but that didn’t happen for a long time (at least it seemed long to me). And just as expected, I lost patience and decided to go down and inspect. I think I lost my patience a tad bit sooner because just as I entered the kitchen, I noticed Hubby dear picking up the plate and putting it on the tray. The minute the little ones saw me, they screamed in delight with D proudly proclaiming his achievement!

No, I didn’t get served in bed but the nicely decorated plate of oatmeal, toast with butter and jam and a tall cup of hot tea was enough for me to go soppy and sentimental! There was also a beautiful pot of blooming Hydrangea sitting on the table along with cards from all of them.

Oh, what a great way to start the day?

Hubby dear, D and A- you bring out the best in me. Thank you for making me feel special. I love you very much!

No comments: