Friday, May 2, 2008

Mealtime

It is very frustrating when you spend 2 hours in the kitchen cooking up a storm and your kids regurgitate on your food!
I made an elaborate dinner (which, BTW, is a rarity!) of pork chops and vegetable risotto yesterday and both the kids conveniently ignored what was on their plates. It was not unpalatable – in fact, it turned out pretty good. D had a few bites, quite reluctantly though. A spat out every morsel that was put in her mouth.

Like most kids they are picky when it comes to food. There are just a few things they eat well. Meal times, I tell ya, are stressful for me. They give me a headache. I thought creativity would help but it doesn’t. Variety is not the answer as well. It's either simplicity or making the same things over and over again – that is if I want them to eat! I am tired of preparing macaroni and cheese, broccoli, khicdi and meatballs! These are a few things they eat without fussing but again it all depends on their mood!

Uuf….someone, please show me the way!

No comments: