Monday, May 10, 2010

10 & 10

As a couple, we add a whole new meaning to “opposites attract” as we can’t possibly be any dissimilar than we are. I can see everyone we know nodding their heads in agreement.

He is quiet, I am boisterous.
He is practical, I am a dreamer.
He is systematic , I am methodically mad.
He is relaxed, I am passionate.
He is cautious, I am spontaneous......

We melded with unique dreams, aspirations to create something special, a union epitomizing honest, respectful companionship or the essence of it. This month, as we celebrate our tenth year of togetherness, we raise a toast to the awesome, adventurous journey we have had and to the exciting future ahead!

This year also marks my tenth year in the US. I arrived knowing little about this country, my new home. I was thrilled yet curiously skeptical, clueless of what’s to become.

Ten years isn’t long enough yet it feels like a lifetime. I have grown in many intangible ways. I have met scores of people, formed worthwhile alliances, both personal and professional. I have learned many incredible lessons, some hard, many invaluable. I have had countless rewarding, meaningful experiences, motherhood undeniably topping the list. And of course none of this would make any sense without the generous blessings and constant support of my family and friends.

It’s been one heck of a ride. Life is good.

8 comments:

Nino's Mum said...

congratulations and a very happy tenth wedding anniversary! I know what you mean about a decade feeling like a lifetime... and may life always be good to you. hugs.

Suku said...

Thank you Nino's Mum!

the mad momma said...

congratulations songbird!!!! here's wishing you many many more happy years together. full of music, dreams, passion, spontaneity, madness and moments of peace and quiet to balance them out.

Pepper said...

Randomly landed here. 10 years is awesome! Congratulations! :)

rrmom said...

Happy Anniversary to you. May you have many many more happy years together.

Suku said...

MM: Thank you!!!!
Pepper & rrmom: thanks for dropping by and your wishes.

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

Happy 10th anniversary Rims !! You guys make such a lovely couple...Wishing you guys many, many more years of love, happiness and togetherness !!

Suku said...

thanks Chints!