Sunday, March 21, 2010

She Calls the Shots-Always

A talks nineteen to a dozen nowadays. She is animated, expressive and its a treat to hear her sing song voice. But she is selective about who she wants to engage with and for how long as she invariably pulls the conversation plug, like she did this evening.


Me: Hey, what do you want to be when you grow up?
A: First I want to tell you what I want for my birthday.
Me: Oh..OK
She comes and whispers in my ear...
A: I want a sleepy toy.
Me: OK..but tell me, what do you want to be when you grow up?
A:I want to be Dora.
Me: Dora...why?
A: Because she talks in Spanish...Hola...Hola!
Me: I see...so you want to be Dora because she speaks Spanish.
Anything else you want to be other than a Spanish speaking Dora?
A:You know what else I want for my birthday?
Me: OK..what?
A: I want a Mickey Mouse sleepy toy and a Dora sleepy toy.
Me: All right...so tell me, what else do you want to be when you grow up?
A: I don't want to talk anymore, Mama!
She trots away haughtily clearly indicating she is done chit-chatting with me.

1 comment:

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

LOL...adorable :-)