Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Joys of Motherhood

A, who is not as expressive as her older brother made me gush like a fountain last night with her heart-swelling declarations:

Mama, u r ‘coot’ (cute) mama in the whole wide werd!
U r the besht mama in the whole wide werd!
U r besht frend in the whole wide werd!
(Of course, my copious tears scared the crap out of her but that’s another post altogether!)

On another occasion, her brother, who is forever proclaiming his love for me, outdid himself by saying
Mama, I want to marry you!
Me???? You want to marry your mother?
Becuz you are the best mama and I love you sooooo much.

Well, what more can I ask for? I have two precious, beautiful kids who think the world of their mom! I am giddy in love….

2 comments:

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

Sweet !!! So are the kids back to school??

Suku said...

only one is back ..D is at his grandparents this morning as Frederick County schools are still closed. he is enjoying this break too much for our liking. hope he doesnt throw a fit when he has to get ready for school tomorrow!