Wednesday, August 26, 2009

And Off He Went



Excited, thrilled, proud yet ambivalent and apprehensive. A confident boy with an over sized school bag yet nervous of what the day will unravel.

He returned HAPPY! Phew!!

During our evening recap, I asked him what he liked best about his first day at the big school? "When we were looking for clues in the hallway", he replied. One of the games he played that got him super thrilled. When I asked him what he did not like about his first day at the big school, he shyly responded,
"I didn’t finish my lunch". Yes, he only had a piece of string cheese for lunch. Rest all came back untouched. Had this been another day, I would have thrown a fit but I let go. His comfortable, uneventful transition was more important today than what he ate. Not for long though....

2 comments:

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

Awesome...looks like D had a good start to school life...that must be a great relief,now that the initial apprehension is over...hope it's been going well so far...

Suku said...

not quite...he cried this morning! so it wont be easy for first few weeks.