Friday, July 31, 2009

A Little Known Fact

I wonder how many are aware of this historic event? I wasn’t until I read Sarah’s Key. This is a haunting and heartbreaking story based on the roundup of Jews by the French police during WWII. A historic event unfortunately very few people are aware of. And those who remember or know it perhaps don’t have all the facts.

An amazing story that reminds us that the Holocaust was about the murder of innocent people including little children whose only crime was being born Jewish. It is emotional, chilling, fascinating and it pulled me in completely. There are some books which you find hard to put down and this is one such book. I was taken in more by Sarah than the other character in the book but I think the author juxtaposed both their stories artfully and seamlessly making it a memorable read.

Sarah’s Key is a book I will recommend without any reservation.

Note: Keep a tissue box handy cuz it is a tear-jerker.

1 comment:

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

Goes into my "To Read" list...