Friday, May 15, 2009

Sinful

Hubby dear and I concluded yesterday, after saluting each other on surviving another year that our anniversary is also a day of gluttony among other things. We end up sinfully gorging on food. Always.

We used our lunch hour to go for a romantic meal - however lovey-dovey one can get in a noisy sushi place but the food made up for it. What can I say? We almost ODied on Sushi-that is how much we dig it. It is one of the things we cannot live without. We need to get a sushi dose once every other week.

Anyway, after stuffing our faces with sashimi’s and unagi’s, we ate out again in the evening (went out with IL's since it's my MIL's birthday too) only to come home with an intense urge to regurgitate. Which, btw, happens every time we go out for a meal. We love to eat. OK, who am I kidding? To be fair on Hubby dear. It’s not him as much as it’s ME. I love food- something I have harped on this blog a gazillion times. Give me food any day –that’s all I care about. If I were to list down my life’s priorities, this is how they will look:

Priority # 1. Kids
Priority # 2. Food

And then whatever else comes after them….

It all boils down to food-good, finger-licking food. Plain and simple. And I am still complaining about my extra pounds. A loser when it comes to exercising and staying fit.

The only way I can debar myself from food is by relocating to a famine stricken land. An unrealistic idea –totally. So what are my options?

Get back to exercising-don’t have the time
Get on a diet-nope cant- I don’t have self –control
Give up snacks- What? Snacking? No way!
Eat smaller portions – don’t get ‘small. When you eat, you gotta eat well. What’s with the small crap, ha?

Again, what are my options? As you can see, I don’t have any-none whatsoever! Therefore, I should stop hemming and hawing about my food intake and happily eat myself to death!

2 comments:

Ethereous Muser said...

Ah c'mmon now..admitted as you have already..this one is a cardinal sin...so stop harping about it and show to the world that you love food ala Nigella...We love you just the way you are!

Suku said...

helloooo there..welcome to the blogosphere