Monday, March 30, 2009

A Pretty Man

Mama, you look very pretty, compliments D as I fetch the car keys.

His sweet, smiling yet sincere face adding more value to the words of admiration.

Thank you sweetie, I say, taking pleasure in my pumped up ego so much so that I almost feel giddy until I hear him follow up his remark with....

Yes, you do Mama...just like a man!

Eh? A man? I look like a man to you? I ask him incredulously.

No, I said that because of your outfit. I am wearing a business suit this morning- a black suit with a grey shirt.

This outfit makes me look like a man to you?

Yes, mama, a pretty man!

2 comments:

lost on the street said...

Like they say kids say the darndest thinh :-)
p.s. Why am not able to comment with my wordpress account?Last time I had to log in as kk

www.lostonthestreet.wordpress.com

Goli said...

hehehehe... :D