Thursday, January 8, 2009

Good Fortune

My daughter is full of surprises. Her smooth somewhat uneventful assimilation into her new school has melted away all my trepidation.

She has embraced this change in a way I never expected her to. I read her wrong, completely. She claps and she squeals the minute we drop her off. Of course, there have been a few difficult moments but not as many as I anticipated. She enjoys playing with her ‘new’ friends and constantly asks for them.

D’s presence in the next room has greatly facilitated this transition and he has been wonderfully protective of her. The strength of their bond is even more apparent as they find their way together. Their closeness, pure and unmistakable.

This, my sweet peas, is for you....

D and A
You are an embodiment
Of beauty
Of promise and hope
Of solidity and simplicity
Of innocence and fragility
Of warmth and radiance
Of love, pure and luminous

No comments: