Monday, September 22, 2008

Having Trouble Starting Your Week? Sing a Duet....

D hums nowadays. Off late, he has been doing a lot of new things but this one surprises me. Simply because he sounds like a grown-up every time he does that.

He was putting his shoes on. The last step of his ‘getting ready for daycare’ routine and while at it, he was humming. I couldn't tell which tune it was from afar. So I tiptoed closer, curious to find out. There he was - on the edge of the stairway, oblivious to his surroundings, completely absorbed, his soft, sweet, innocent voice filling up the quite in the house.

I sat there watching him with a heavy heart of a mother who doesn’t want her son, her baby to grow so quickly. But also with pride at the way he is maturing. I get lost in the moment only to be stirred up by his reaction as he saw me. He smiled embarrassingly, for a few seconds before confidence took over.

Mama, I was singing the mac and cheese song. Do you want to hear it again?
Yes, of course.
Sing with me OK?
Yes sir!!

And so off we go toward the car, mother and son merrily singing...

Macaroni, macaroni, mac and cheese
Three times daily pretty please
Macaroni, macaroni, mac and cheese
We love mac and cheese
Oh yeah
We love mac and cheese
Woo-hoo
We love mac and cheese
Yeah yeah
We love mac and cheese
Doo- doo……

What a way to kick off my Monday morning ……

No comments: