Friday, December 28, 2007

To Our Little Angel

Darling J:

I have been thinking of you lately. Quite often, I must say. How have you been? Where are you? Sometimes I look up to the sky, envision you looking down on me with an angelic smile on your face. And guess what- I think I do see you.
I spoke to your mama the other day. They missed you immensely on Christmas. I believe it was your favorite time of the year. I was told that you celebrated most of the festivities with gusto and excitement. I just wish I was there, if not for all, at least a couple.

We miss you. Hope you are happy, wherever you are. I am sure you are as you had the ability to find happiness in even the most unexpected places. Mama and Daddy miss you terribly. They miss holding you. They miss your soft skin, your tiny little body and I am sure your smell. They miss your vibrancy, kindness and your compassion. They miss your twinkling eyes, your beautiful smile and your ever sweet voice.

They say time heals, but in your case, I don’t know if it will. Ever. The pain is just too much, the void just too deep. But I am sure your parents find solace in knowing that you are fine, wherever you may be. And that you are waiting on the other side, to hold their hands and embrace them when they cross over.

So long, sweetie- keep smiling and shine your light on us!

Mahi

3 comments:

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Hi.First time here and what a touching post..As the year draws to the close let the tears be a thing of past and Happiness envelope the sadness though it perhaps cannot be erased.
Do drop in my blog if you have the time
Wishing You A happy new Year
TC
CU

Thinking Cramps said...

Tears and goosebumps, especially at the last line. Oh, I wish this were fiction, but I can tell it is not.

Thinking Cramps said...

Thanks for telling me about it on my blog. It's so tragic. I cannot imagine facing something like that.