Monday, October 15, 2007

I miss you...

My parents left last Friday- after an almost 4 month stay. The house has become incredibly quiet. I miss my father’s heavy footsteps, their voices and most importantly I miss my tea drinking mates! We drank obscene amounts of tea. A lot! So after we got back from New Jersey yesterday (was there to attend a wedding- a chaotic, loud Indian wedding), I was desperate for a cup of hot tea but was reluctant to make one just for myself. Simply because I missed not having my parents with me, especially their company. and the non-stop banter that ensued over these cups of teas.

So here I was lamenting to hubby dear about how much I miss them and how I didn’t want to drink tea all by myself. Hubby doesn’t drink tea, he only does sodas. But sensing my emotional state, he offered to have some with me. Give me the much needed company. A kind, thoughtful gesture from a sweet, caring person. Unfortunately the effect was not the same. I still missed them tremendously and will probably do so for the next couple of weeks.

Such is life…

Goodbyes are hard but they are necessary because they help us understand the importance and greatness of family ties, bonds and friendships.
And as ‘distance makes the heart grow fonder’, I look forward to our next meeting. To many more hot cuppas of ‘chai’ and chatter.

No comments: